Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Al_9
Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:56 pm

x

Why Do You Love FL Studio?

I have spent my whole life trying to find a way of getting my musical ideas out of my head and on to some recording medium as quickly as possible, and with out faffing around and forgetting the plot.

Like many I started off in my bedroom when I lived with my folks (they didn't live in my bedroom) in the 1980's, with a little 4 track tape deck, one mic, one old Roland drum machine, my guitar and a bass, and a bit later on, an Alesis Quadraverb multi fx. Getting my basic ideas down with this setup was fairly easy, but I was constantly having to bounce tracks down, and the quality was crap.

Next: I managed to land my self a job in a commercial recording studio as a tape op first of all, which involved making tea, splicing 2" tape, and general dog's boddy stuff, but I got to work with lots of pro engineers, and learn a lot. I also got to use the studio during down time. Getting my ideas down there was hopeless, because I couldn't use the studio every time I had an idea, and patching everything up for a sesion, would take ages, and the distraction from all that gear that I had to play with was too much.

Next: As an experienced engineer I desided to quit the 60 mile commute to my studio job every day, and set up in busines with my own pro studio in partnership with a good friend. I got to design the control room, and live areas, and choose all the equipment - I was in heaven! I actually moved into the studio and lived there. I was the in-house engineer which was great, because I loved the job, and got plenty of time off when other engineers were working there. I also had a choice selection of musicians to choose from who would session for me in return for some free studio time. Getting my ideas down there was the best so far, because I could wake up in the midle of the night with a hot idea on my mind, and run naked into the studio to get the idea down. The trouble was that at 3am working a studio on your own, being producer, engineer and musician all at the same time (while being naked) is tricky. Patching everything in, mic-ing and sound checking, then starting the tape rolling, and sprinting into the live room, panting into a vocal mic is all abit to much!

Next: I met my wife, and started breeding. That and working long hours day and night in the studio was no good. So I sold the studio gear, and became a full time dad. Any way, a few years on, and here I am bashing away on FL Studio.

So why do I love FL studio? Well sinse 1998 when I got rid of the old Atari ST, and replaced it with one of those modern PC things, I have tried all sorts of music production software in order to find the quickest insperation path from brain to media, and back to ear, and FL Studio is it! It's what I have been seeking all this time during my 20 year quest which started out in my bedroom, and took me through being a muzo, engineer, producer, and has now ended back in my bedroom, well almost - in my living room to be exact.

I am not an expert at using FL Studio, I use it in quite a simple way, and have never delved very deep into the PDF manual during the past few years. Which is great, because it means I've always got more to learn, and so the descovery goes on.

So the things I love about FL Studio.....

1. Quickest rout from brain to ear for getting insperation and ideas down.
2. Simple, and logical. No huge learning curve, yet you can always dig deeper and deeper, and find new features and new ways of doing things.
3. I love the way everything is included so you can try before you buy, and upgrade instantly with out having to wait.
4. I love the fact that it is so stable - so long as you back up your files regularly of course!
5. The graphical design of the interface - very easy on the eye for long periods, and intuative too.

I really can't rave about FL studio enough. I want to hug it, and make love to it, but I can't, because there isn't a genital to digital interface available yet, but as soon as there is.......

Thank you Image-Line. If only all software was as good as yours!

byo
Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:01 pm

x

Wow. Good reading. I'm not as experienced as yo...

tigabeatz
Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:31 pm

x

great post. i love the routing everything to e...

Al_9
Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:43 pm

x

yes yes yes free updates for life. I knew there...

tigabeatz
Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:52 pm

x

yes the c64 was a joke, but.. hmm well... the ...

joeyfivecents
Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:07 pm

x

Same thing here-ease of use. I have Logic, Able...

L.M
Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:21 pm

x

Its simply got all the things I liked in other ...

byo
Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:22 pm

x

Oh... and the interface is a joy!

PeteyPumpkin
Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:29 pm

x

One thing I love about it is that it's actually...

nebulae
Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:45 am

x

great post...I can't tell you how much of your ...

sabiland
Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:14 am

x

@Al Exactly what you said !

hermann
Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:24 am

x

i love it because it's the best virtual music e...

Jermy
Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:42 am

x

I was trying really hard to make depeche mode s...

JoshSkelton
Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:26 pm

x

I honestly feel like I was born to use this sof...

byo
Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:11 pm

x

JoshSkelton wrote:I honestly feel like I was bo...

lee miran
Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:24 pm

x

I remember always scouring for software on the ...

N00B1O1
Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:02 pm

x

Re: Why Do You Love FL Studio?

Al_9 wrote:I have spent my whole life trying to...

exmatproton
Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:24 pm

x

open architecture, awesome build in tools, best...

xbitz
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:29 pm

x

already has the best workflow, it will be even ...

HeathW
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:49 am

x

wow noob101, interesting topic, and first post ...

exmatproton
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:01 pm

x

HeathW wrote:wow noob101, interesting topic, an...

ReedIndeed
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:05 pm

x

iRelevant wrote:I'm wondering why my Public inf...

exmatproton
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:14 pm

x

exmatproton
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:15 pm

x

ReedIndeed wrote:iRelevant wrote:I'm wondering ...

CryLogic
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:26 pm

x

exmatproton
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:57 am

x

iRelevant wrote:Weird stuff. Maybe AI_9 is an a...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”