Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
c.a.p.
Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 pm

x

optimal soundcloud mastering, how?

Hi,

some Tracks on soundcloud sounding so massiv loud an powerful, but my tracks a not so loud, although the frequenzies are maximized.
And it can´t be my good Headphones. But my original rendered, 320 or 192 mp3´s or wav´s, sounds not bad in my headphones.
Downloades Track sounds a bit different.
A Reson for this can be my rendering with 192 or 320 kbps mp3 uploads, is that true?
Some People talk about its enough to render with 160 kbps 44kHz, so soundclound will render it down to a unknown quality.
i render with higher quality but i can´t hear this on soundcloud streams.

Whats the Reason for the Quality and Loudness? My Mastering? The Production and the Sounds? Soundcloud isn´t the reason, because some Tracks sounding good....

I work very fast and my promt decision is export wav/mp3/ogg 32bit float, for backup, und 320 or 192 kbps. The mixer is 44100Hz and a higher "point sinc" for resampling.
I use center panorama for drums/kicks and i often use Limiter with compression on every channel, sidechain too, EQ also...Mastering often with -2 db, in FLStudio and after Mastering in audacity with normalize the track to 0,0db, and some little changes.

How do you make or optimize Tracks for soundcloud?
What du you think is my problem, exklusive my headphones...?
hope u can help me a bit and sorry bad english...
Actually i read about mastering in FLS on audio.tutsplus.com

Greetz

don´t discuss "loudness war"!!!

bhapmusic
Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:35 am

x

Re: optimal soundcloud mastering, how?

If your track sounds different in your media pl...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”