And so it begins! We bring you the native 64 Bit version of FL Studio AND plugins.
NOTE: You must be running 64 Bit windows to use 64 Bit FL Studio
How to install: The 64 Bit beta installation files are added to the FL Studio 10.10 Beta installation folder as follows ...
- Install FL Studio 64 Bit - Unzip the contents of the .zip below into the existing FL Studio 10.10 Beta and allow it to merge/overwrite files and folders. This will not work with any earlier FL Studio version. It will not interfere with the existing FL Studio 10.10 32 Bit install so both can be used from the same folder. Make a shortcut to the FL64.exe on your desktop to run the 64 Bit version.
FL64_10.10_publicbeta2.zip - This expires May 1
- MUST install shared files - Download this and run the installer. It will put them in the Image-Line shared program folder, typically is C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\Shared. Do this EACH time we release an update.
- Codec update - To open many samples that come with FL Studio[/b] - You need to install the 64-bit acm driver. Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 10 Beta\System\Installers\VorbisACM_x64 folder. Right-click vorbisacm.inf and choose Install. Note that it may not work on all Windows versions. Consequences are blank Edison, Slicex, Audio-clip etc editor windows on load. We will have a proper installer in a future release.
Please read everything below before asking questions
This is the first public release of the 64 Bit beta. It will have more bugs than our usual 32 Bit betas since nearly every line of code has been touched by the update to 64 Bit. If you are not able to keep your cool, even knowing this is a beta, when things go wrong then DO NOT USE THIS VERSION. If you do have problems then please report them with reproducible steps and we WILL fix them.
Full list of included 64-bit plugins.
This version includes a 64 Bit version of FL Studio, Edison and most native plugins. If your favorite native Image-Line plugin does not seem to work you can check here for the 64 Bit VST version. We DO plan to convert as many native plugins to 64 Bit as possible. That won't be possible in all cases.
Fruity Envelope Controller
Fruity Keyboard Controller
Fruity Big Clock
Fruity dB Meter
Fruity Delay 2
Fruity Delay Bank
Fruity Fast Dist
Fruity Formula Controller
Fruity HTML NoteBook
Fruity Love Philter
Fruity Parametric EQ
Fruity Parametric EQ 2
Fruity Peak Controller
Fruity Reeverb 2
Fruity Soft Clipper
Fruity Stereo Enhancer
Fruity Stereo Shaper
Fruity X-Y Controller
VFX Color Mapper
When a native 64 Bit plugin is not available you will see this message.
Please test all your favorite 64 & 32 Bit Bit plugins and report here any problems so we can sort them out.
Yes - This release WILL allow to record and use a SUM of audio clips that go above 4GB. You can reach the limits of your edition of 64 Bit Windows without any bridging or other work-arounds used in the 32 bit version of FL Studio.
No - This release WILL NOT allow you to record or load a SINGLE audio file (nor will Edison) that exceeds 2 GB. We will be releasing a future beta that includes an update of the sampler & support for W64 which can exceed the limits imposed by the wav format.
32 Bit bridge - This release includes a 32 Bit bridge to host 32 Bit VST plugins. They will be auto-detected.
Philosophical rambling - To bridge or not to bridge, that is the question? In an ideal world you will restrict use of 32 bit plugins to FL Studio 32 Bit and 64 Bit plugins to FL Studio 64 Bit and never the two should meet. Either way if you start using 32 Bit plugins in 64 Bit FL Studio OR vice versa, the world does not end but two things happen. 1. There is a small CPU hit and 2. An increased probability that a plugin can crash. Some plugins will be rock solid while others will crash faster than you can say DOH! But what's new
- Hat Basic & Snare Basic may not load. Delete Hat Basic & Snare Basic from: [\Data\Patches\Misc\Used by demo projects\Seamless - Antecoder, Agnivesh ft. Avinash - Ishaq Hua Hai Mujhe & Seamless - Menagerie]
- CPU Memory panel - Memory display incorrect
- Denoiser tool in Edison not implemented
- Scripts in Edison and Slicex not stable
- Audio file CODECS for .ogg do not work correctly on all computers. This means some included (compressed) .wav content won't load correctly.
- updated for FL 10.10 beta
- wrapper with some bugfixes
- added latest Patcher artwork files
- fixed Edison, Slicex and MIDI Out bugs