Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
infernosnow
Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:04 am

x

A few noob questions.

I have a pattern that is 4 bars in length. I'm automating the Mix knob on a Fast Distortion effect and that automation is also 4 bars in length. I currently have to paste the automation each time I paste my pattern. Is there a way to consolidate these two? I would like the automation to simply be part of the pattern if possible.

My second question is about creating sounds. Right now, the method I use to create sounds is chaotic. I understand that things like the CRS knobs on a triple oscillator adjust the sound, that I can add certain effects like Fast Distortion and Flanger to a channel, and changing the sine of the wave for each of the oscillators drastically changes the sound. My problem is that I can't seem to intelligently create anything. Everything I come up with really is just a happy accident. For instance, some sounds have more of a punch at the beginning of them - I have no idea how to change a 3xOsc to make that happen. If I were to set out to make a log drum sound, I wouldn't know where to begin. Anyway, my question is, what do I need to do to learn how to create sounds intelligently? Just watch more youtube tutorials? Explore other people's fla's?

Thanks for the help.

Scott
Site Admin
Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:14 am

x

Re: A few noob questions.

infernosnow wrote:I have a pattern that is 4 ba...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

infernosnow
Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:36 am

x

Yeah, I started using Fl Studio back when it wa...

Scott
Site Admin
Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:14 am

x

infernosnow wrote:EDIT: It looks like your form...

Bailey
Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:26 am

x

Although I have read posts on the net swearing ...

Ainch
Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:48 pm

x

Bailey wrote:Although I have read posts on the ...

Top-Cat
Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:15 am

x

infernosnow wrote:I have a pattern that is 4 ba...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”