alpha 8 - 15th October 2014
Please find VST plugins ported to OS X:
Edison, Gross Beat, Harmless, Harmor, Maximus, Ogun, Slicex, Sytrus, Vocodex
These plugins should work in any 32bit VST host program that runs in OS X. They may run in a 64bit host if it is capable of loading 32bit plugins, but this has not been tested.
We'd also be interested to hear experiences using these plugins in AU hosts using the AU version of Minihost Modular as a bridge.
Note: this is an Alpha release. A lot of things don't work as they should. There are issues with the Preset Managers, and these will all be sorted in later releases. Please let us know what doesn't work as expected below.
- Harmor: CPU load sometimes very high causing audio glitches. Temporary workaround: check if preset is using "Perfect" precision (Advanced tab) and if so change to "High".
- Harmor: Visual feedback window is still displayed inside the Harmor window. This is because plugin window resizing is not yet implemented.
- Harmor: drag-drop audio from other programs not implemented. Use open audio from file instead (but OGG-compressed WAV-files is not implemented either).
- Maximus: The envelope editor menu button is positioned incorrectly (cosmetic issue only).
- Edison: prone to crash when using undo, graphical issues
- Vocodex: offset of envelope editor isn't correct
(alpha 8 )
- mouse freeze problem
- repaint problem while playback and scrolling
- buttons paint problem
- out of memory problem
- no audio in Live
- text sometimes missing
- added Edison, Harmless, Ogun, Slicex and Vocodex
- Fixed: Menus appeared on primary monitor even if plugin window was on secondary.
- Fixed: Menu item text sometimes dissapearing
- Fixed: Clicking outside menu did not close menu
- Fixed: Empty white window left behind when closing plugin in some hosts.
- Fixed: Harmor now works more presets (including FREE Harmor Presets")
- fix for multi-monitor bug
- General: FL-style menus instead of slow OS X menus
- General: UI-responsiveness improved (previously it could be hard to click on checkboxes etc.)
- Harmor/Sytrus: Fixed preset compatibility issues (3rd party presets)
- Harmor: Visual feedback panel can be now shown
- Harmor: About panel can be now shown
- Harmor: Swooshy sound (demo mode) now removed
- Harmor: Horizontal slider in IMG gui was missing
- Harmor: "Open Image" works
- Harmor/Sytrus: Preset names displayed in tree structure for easier navigation
- New: Harmor
- Improved stability when using several instances of the plugins
- "Create sequence" menu item now works
- Gross Beat: fixed problem with label text sometimes disappearing
- UI-code optimized to use less CPU
- Preset menus open much faster
- Sytrus: Analyze/Export waveform now works
- Sytrus: XY modulation works