Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Jose1556
Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:33 pm

x

An Old Timer Chimes in

Hello all, I might preface by asking "am I in the wrong place", but metaphysics is not my bag at this moment , making musics is ....... A bit of background, I am probably quite a bit older than most on this forum, I am 57 years old, and had been a professional musician from age 15 until 45.

Short story long,...I suddenly found that I was no longer playing my instruments anymore, for around 8 years. I started recording using my wife's garageband (with HER as engineer!), and am very satisfied with results.

However, I don't own an Apple computer, I have the PC. I receive FL Studio for Christmas from my Ex-wife (told you, long story!)

Well, I can keep on with the story, buty I think this FL Studio is NOT really set up for my playing instruments either direct to the Studio, or miked up ambient.???

Also, I need make heads to tails on this program, it seems not be calibrated for my musical styles.

My background is in Jazz and Brasilian musics, although younger, I played in FUNK bands and backed up jazz and R & B singers .

What I have now, a M-Audio 49 key midi When I use garageband, I mike up acoustic bass, sometime guitar , otherwise, I use midi keys .

So what I need know, can I use this like Garageband? I like to play instruments direct to the studio, as well sing thru mic.

Also, I seem only to have Rhodes, Electric piano, and Grand piano as my keys choices (NO vibes!!! no Hammond B-3, etc!) Only 4 bass settings.

I am not completely ignorant on computer as many my peers (who pride themselves on being computer illiterate, I just don't feel that kind of draft....) however, I aint too slick on the computer as well...always trying to learn

So, again, my lament

1) how do I find able to play guitar, sax sing, and upright bass into FL Studio, and....how can I get more instrument choices that I can play from my midi keyboard!

Sorry to all for such long post, but I just don't know how else to say it! Please, to help is appreciated! best to all Peppi

m@RV
Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:20 am

x

Re: An Old Timer Chimes in

You need an audio interface. A cheapy behringer...

Jose1556
Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:15 pm

x

From one "veteran" to another, and to all young...

Jose1556
Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:18 pm

x

Hello! It looks like I can listen to your musi...

m@RV
Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:33 pm

x

The Behringer gets 4 stars at Amazon - which i...

Beat Cube
Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:19 pm

x

Note about the Behringer - the USB is only one ...

m@RV
Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:46 am

x

I got one of these which works fine A few revi...

m@RV
Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:07 am

x

This turned up on my Watch List - a review of A...

SpeaK
Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:07 am

x

Beat Cube wrote:Note about the Behringer - the ...

Jose1556
Thu May 01, 2014 6:19 pm

x

Hello All, well now it gets more interesting ...

Perfect Human
Thu May 01, 2014 7:36 pm

x

You will need "Producer Edition" to record audi...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”