Edison : Scripts, Resampling and future updates (Q to devs)

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
MadKat
Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:13 pm

x

Edison : Scripts, Resampling and future updates (Q to devs)

Hi,

I'm still trying to achieve "retro sampler" sound based on interpolation / pitch down effect (read this for more info).
As my choice is still limited to D16 Decimort, I decided to take a look at Edison's sample rate options.

Surprisingly, Edison has the option to change sampling rate without resampling, but one don't have access to:
- Bit depth (limited to 16 / 32)
- Dither and filters
- Resampling factor (R)
- Interpolation factor (I)

Intuitively, and from what I read on Nyquist criteria, I'd think that (R) and (I) factors are essential to achieve "retro sound" . I've seen in the help file that user need to use PAX Compiler to generate script (bit depth, ring mod, etc...) but it's pretty useless for somebody who can't code Basic / Pascal / Java.

So, does anyone know where we can find some PAS file to cover these needs ?

My goal is simply to achieve Aliasing / artifacts Script, using bit reduction and resampling.
Most of audio editor (Audition, Audacity, Wavelab) don't give you acces to "low-level" of parameters (interpolation factor, resampling algo and pre/post filtering) I'm locked to decimation plugins... I swear it does not even sound close to what you can do with Wavosaur...

Also for Gol / Dev team :
Do you plan to make scripts in Edison more accessible ? I mean something à la Adobe Audition (Record actions / script )
Do you plan to introduce some more options regarding resampling in the next version of Edison / Slicex ?
Do you plan to make resampling tools available in patcher ?

Thanks for you answers.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”