Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
TheMoroney
Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:41 pm

x

DJ gig in 2 weeks. need to figure out how to transport gear

I have a dj gig coming up in 2 weeks and need to transport a computer or figure out how to get my small laptop to do everything. I need one that can do video broadcasting as well as run deckadance as a vst in FL studio.
I have 2 usb audio interfaces that i will be taking with me (a fast track duo and a syncroscience conectiv), 2 m-audio xsession pro's that will be coming as well, my launchpad/launchcontrol, a beheringer cmd micro and a numark dj2go, and that is just the audio tools. I also will be bringing my trusty EOS rebel t5, a hauppauge HdPVR, and at least one lcd flat screen monitor as well as livestream studio for video streaming.

I want to use as few computers as possible but at the same time, i realize that it is dangerous to move a functioning desktop. the computers i have to work with are as follows.

laptop
lenovo g500
4gb ram
intel i5 3rd gen 2.8 ghz
500gb hdd
intel hd 4000 graphics

custom built rig
4gb ram
amd athalon 2 x2 2.8 ghz
500 gb hdd
xfx amd radeon hd6670 2gb
sapphire amd radeon hd 6670 1gb

I have a powered usb hub so in terms of usb ports that is not the issue.
the issue here is reliability.

the first question is if this was you. If you could only take one system, which one and why? and secondly, if you were to take the custom rig with you, what percautions would you take with transporting it.

I look forward to the reply.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”