How do you prevent Auditory masking in Sound Design?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Nowhk
Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:02 pm

x

How do you prevent Auditory masking in Sound Design?

Since a sound/timbre can be described as its spectrum (and the envelopes of its frequency) and know that some frequencies (most of the times, the nearest ones) could be maskered, how do you guarantee in your sound design that those hidden frequencies will not show up later when hearing the same sound in different environments (which have different warmth/color/frequency response and so on that can enhance them), causing a change of the timbre itself?

I noticed that my "sound" (timbre) sound a bit different on the audio system I tried (from headphones to speakers), while a market/professional production keep always the same timbre (it just sounds good or less good, depending on the mixdown).
So, I'm not talking about mixing/mastering (aka rendering the sound at its best), but I'm talking about the first step (sound design).

Is it only a matter of experience? Or is it a common problem where, before or later, you will always crash about this endless/never perfect aspect of music? Even a professional track playing in a more advanced studio will reveal some hidden freqs, thus a minimal change of timbre?

Nowhk
Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:27 am

x

Re: How do you prevent Auditory masking in Sound Design?

I want to provide an example for you This is a...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nowhk
Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:22 pm

x

Re: How do you prevent Auditory masking in Sound Design?

I'm not depressed guys I like my life, is nice...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”