Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Spivkurl
Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:40 pm

x

More audio clip naming troubles

So I've been trying to get a good routine down as far as naming audio clips when I arm recording, as I can stand the randomized naming for recordings in v12. It seems that no matter what I'm trying to do with hand made audio clips (loops or one shots) there is always some discrepancy in how the channels are named. As you can see in the image, the channel window that is open shows the name of the channel as "Modular Kick_Roll Base - Marker #2" even though the loop that I dropped on the playlist was called "Modular Kick_Roll Base - Marker #410". In the same picture, you can see the playlist - Here are several audio clips, which FL called "Roll Drum_Kick Base - Marker" as well as the same with "#2" and "#3"... These were dropped on the playlist as Roll Drum_Kick Base - Marker #430, #410, and #192" respectively. These were all loops chopped within FL12 using edison this time. I did not want to name each marker when I autosliced, as it is not necessary for what I was doing, and there were like 600 or more chops in each set.

My question is this - Why can't my channels be named after the actual file name?

This has come up before with other scenarios, and it seems to have something to do with using numbers in names of audio files. This seems really silly to me, and a major oversight. It really gets in the way of serious audio work, and it used to work flawlessly. I don't want to have to open the channel window of each sample to find out what file it is using... sometimes that is a lot of channels. If I have given a file a unique name, which is not used in the project, why would it be given a different name?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spivkurl
Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:16 pm

x

Re: More audio clip naming troubles

Did I post this to the wrong forum section? I'...

FidelityMusic
Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:31 pm

x

Both Edison and FL use "#" to differentiate and...

Spivkurl
Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:50 pm

x

Always in FL 11, channels would be named exactl...

Spivkurl
Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:55 pm

x

If this is done to keep channels having unique ...

FidelityMusic
Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:05 pm

x

FL isn't necessarily using a different name, FL...

Spivkurl
Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:06 pm

x

Okay I apologize in general, because I just ret...

Spivkurl
Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:08 pm

x

Definitely the "#" seems to be used by FL, but ...

Spivkurl
Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:24 pm

x

I can see if you were planning to use all the s...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”