Cut and Choose Your Material (Bootlegs)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
modest
Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:27 am

x

Cut and Choose Your Material (Bootlegs)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Making a remix or bootleg is always different from an original. Sometimes it can be easier because the ideas already exist, and other times it can be more difficult.

Just like an original, it’s hard to know where to start. You sit down at your DAW with endless possibilities and combinations of sounds in front of you. It’s overwhelming.

Whether you’re remixing a song for a competition, have been contracted an official remix for a release, or cooking up a cheeky bootleg of a popular song these tips are for you. Read on and get inspired!......

. Cut and Choose Your Material (Bootlegs)

If you don’t have access to an acapella or any other stems, you’re going to need to identify which parts of the original track you want to, and can, use. You’ll find that certain sections can’t be used at all, simply because there’s too much going on. I might, for example, take out the intro, outro, and choruses of an original track and only use the breakdown which contains a vocal, then build upon that.

Note: some songs have very little going on, e.g., piano and vocals. These tracks are a joy to bootleg as a lot of the content can be used.

MY QUESTION IS HOW TO ACHIVE THIS IN FL STUDIO. LET SAY I WANT TO MAKE A REMIX, AND WANT TO WORK AROUND VOCAL AND GUTAR RIFF, HOW TO REMOVE ALL THINKS AND WORK ONLY WITH VOCAL AND GITAR MELODY?

PLS SOME TIPS:-)

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”