Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Skez
Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:32 pm

x

[Generator] Multiple effects result in louder audio

I used to dab around a bit in Cinestar SynthEdit one or two years ago and actually managed to make a very simple synth with 2 oscillators and some built-in effects. It resulted in very smooth sounds for some reason so I actually use it from time to time.
Anyhow, a few weeks ago it came to my knowledge that a FL Studio version of FlowStone was included in my FL version so of course I immediately installed it and started playing around, quite similar to SynthEdit but way more modern.

So now I have built a synth with 4 oscillators (I'm just playing around, learning stuff) and some built-in effects. First I built the synth like I thought it would be (it worked though) but then I looked at some example synths and decided to re-route my synth so it would be routed like the example synths. Because those are probably "the right way" to do it.

But to the problem, I would like to have a few built-in effects, for example: delay, ping-pong delay, reverb and chorus/flanger. But the more effects I have the louder the final audio becomes. One effect = normal volume, two effects = double volume, three effects = triple the volume and so on, you get the point.

I don't really know how to fix it so I can have all the effects I want without getting a distortion effect from the multiple signals. After the effects I have a Stereo Clip module which states "Hard clips a signal so that it stays within the range -1 to 1" which in my world means it won't go over that 1, but it doesn't seem to work.

Currently it's built like this, MIDI In > MIDI to Poly > Detuner > Oscillator > Amp > ADSR for the oscillator volume > Main Filter (State Variable Filter module) (This one is routed to a ADSR also) then the Filter module > Combiner > Stereo Amp > Effects > Stereo Clip > DS Out module (Direct Sound Output)

Any ideas on how to handle this? Appreciate all the help I can get. :)

Sorry for grammatical errors and such, I wrote this in a hurry. Just ask if there's something I forgot to mention.

Skez
Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:22 am

x

Re: [Generator] Multiple effects result in louder audio

nucleon wrote:Route the signal to the effects a...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Skez
Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:05 am

x

Re: [Generator] Multiple effects result in louder audio

m4rt3z wrote:You have your effects in parallel ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”