Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
MFSDJ13
Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:26 pm

x

Problem with FL (wine) on Mac finding Waves Licenses

Hey everyone,

I just took advantage of a recent sale over at Waves and I'm trying to authenticate my plugins. While the "RUN" command worked fine for installing everything I needed installed, it fails to run the windows version of Waves License Center (a blank white window opens up). So, subsequently, I also downloaded the Wine License Center for my Mac. I was able to open it up fine and transfer the license to my device. However, when I return to my bottled FL, and add the Waves Shell to the mixer for my plugin, I still get the message that I must "'rescan for licenses' after opening the WLC" (every rescan I do returns the same notice; I've tried having the Mac WLC open while doing this and it doesn't work, and the RUN command on the bottled FL Studio is unable to open the windows WLC). I thought that the problem might be the windows bottle lacking the ability to scan through my Mac laptop for those licenses I sent from the Mac WLC, so I sent the licenses from my Mac to a flash drive, hoping that maybe the windows bottle could find them connected to the flash drive rather than just somewhere on my Mac device, but still no luck (perhaps the bottle is unable to check the USB on my Mac?)...

So I have the proper licenses on my Mac device, and the problem, I believe, is getting them into a position so that the windows plugins, or the bottle they're in, can find them, recognize them, and activate them.

EDIT: I can find where the licenses are supposed to go.. Under users/Application Data/Waves Audio there is a folder called "Licenses," but the only file there is LastAcceptableMACAddress.txt. The characters in that file are identical to the device ID I have according to the Mac version of WLC that I run. Also on the Mac WLC are the discrete "codes" for each plugin, and by codes I mean a series of numbers and letters, which I assume to be indicative that they are the licenses I own. I suppose those licenses must go somewhere in this folder, but I'm not tech-savy enough to figure out how to transfer those license "codes" from the WLC into usable licenses in that folder (because I assume that's where the bottle is checking for them).

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:39 am

x

Re: Problem with FL (wine) on Mac finding Waves Licenses

I have no idea if it's possible to run Waves pl...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”