Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
D3Mens
Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:06 pm

x

Gross Beat nice but... LOOPERATOR?! We need a better stutter

Hello to everyone, I recently stumbled across this awesome plugin from Sugarbytes: Looperator. What do you think about?
This is a really shallow demo, but I couldn't find a better one.

As I tried it I saw instantly its great potential and quality.
I would like to point out the way its icons work (just for the 'SLICE' and 'LOOP' sections) which give you a really easy way to program and understand visually what's happening inside of its buffer.
Especially the way how Looperator repeats specific slices (icon n° 1 corresponds to the first slice, icon n°2 to the second slice and so on).
The buffer can go up to 8 bars and there's no need for bar precount to fill the buffer (this means you can play the 16th slice on the first beat the same moment as you press play without any problem) and it has no latency at all!

When looking at Grossbeat, well, it works good, but visually and practically is quite difficult. You can easily use it as a beatmasher: jump between presets and slots without thinking too much about their content and create some really good stutter effects. But when you start programming them, sincerly, sometimes I still cannot get it. Sometimes the result isn't what I expect, because i still cannot feel confident about whats happening there... Also every n bars it seems that misses something or jumps on beats where shuldn't be (probably because of the buffer precount or wrong position sync settings). But nothing of this seems to occur when using Looperator.
Maybe it's just me, but i think that is a quite common thought between FL users. For example, if you search online you see just people messing with presets, showing you how cool their beats are with that 'Complex 9 slot'. But what seems to me is that not a lot of people cares about its programming functions , and i think it is because visually is difficult to understand and slow to program. Even Daft Punk used presets!
So what I'm saying is that maybe Image Line should think about restyling GrossBeat not just visually, (and hopefully also Effector), to create something with a better quality (now talking about Effector's Grain... lot of clicks and pops, unusable...) and easier to deal with (Grossbeat slot programming, no latency, more bars, no pre-count etc..). Maybe a completely new stutter plugin would be easier.

What do you think about?

Thank you
Last edited by D3Mens on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”