Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
6300byte
Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:55 pm

x

I made a music markup language with FL score export

Edit: New version available: new version

I've had this idea for a while, to make a simple math based music markup language, and here it is. Its interpreter is written in java, and has the ability to export to FL Studio score files. I plan to release it as open source, but for now it would just be fun if others could test it. It's an early release and I'm no experienced programmer, so expect some rough edges.
musicml.zip
The language consists of the following commands:
n : note, play a note
d : duration, define note duration
p : parallel, play stuff in parallel
v : velocity
i : instrument selection
a : interval add
r : interval replace
FL_musicml.png
outaudio.wav
I will say the markup language is very simple in structure and easy to figure out, and I hope people on the forum will give it a try. Maybe it can be seen as a creativity tool, which lets you make music in a new way.

Also, by using this program, having the numbers and "math" exposed like that, you might get new insights into chords, scales, etc.

I recommend to place the executable inside the score folder in the browser. Then it's very easy to use the exported scores in FL. Also, you'll need a patcher preset that maps each note color/instrument number to separate generators. Otherwise you need to split the score manually into different patterns, using the select by color functionality in the piano roll, and then cut and paste.

There's some examples/documentation contained in the zip file to get you started.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 6300byte on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6300byte
Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:23 am

x

Re: I made a music markup language with FL score export

Subliminal Message wrote:Brilliant!! joeyfivece...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

6300byte
Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:37 pm

x

Re: I made a music markup language with FL score export

HeathW wrote:if you can expand upon it and allo...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”