Using effects pedals on virtual instruments (noise problem)

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Fjord
Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:44 pm

x

Using effects pedals on virtual instruments (noise problem)

Greetz

I'm having a problem with noise/interference when routing one audio device's output into another's input. (for the purpose of using effects pedals on FL mixer tracks)

My primary sound card/device is a Behringer USB audio mixer for playback, input recording, and FX send/return on the inputs.
I have also used (1) my computers onboard soundcard and (2) a Logitech USB audio stick to send output from the mixer into the Behringer's input, but both produce the same inference/noise.

All the individual elements of the setup work perfectly on their own, but once I hook one's output to another's input, I get the mechanical noise.

Here's a screenshot of the ASIO setup:
asiosetup.jpg
The setup of the FL mixer (For example, 3OSC is the instrument I want to add effects to):
Master - INPUT - Insert 2 only; OUTPUT - Behringer mixer (USB AUDIO CODEC)
Insert 1 - INPUT - 3OSC; OUTPUT - Logitech USB (hooked up to Behringer Input 2)
Insert 2 - INPUT - Behringer Input 2; OUTPUT - Master track

Here is a 192 kbps mp3 of the noise with and without the 3 OSC playing:
hardware fx loop noise.mp3
*sounds like the same noise you get when you point guitar pickups at your computer

I have also tried running the output directly through the effects instead of using the Behringers FX send/return, but the noise persists.
I have also tried multiple cables and I have made sure the cables aren't touching anything but their respective input or output jack.

I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and was able to find a solution, OR if anyone knows another method of applying hardware effects to FL mixer tracks.

EDIT: Shortly after posting I tried using my 3rd audio device (computers onboard audio) for my headphones (Master Track output), but the noise is still there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”