Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Spivkurl
Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:33 pm

x

What is up with the channel filters?

I guess my main question here is this-

Why, when for example "high pass" is chosen from the wrapper settings of sampler or 3xOsc does the "high pass" filter type cutoff not extend down to the lowest audible frequency?

If I set up some saw oscillators, for example, and lower the HP cutoff frequency to the lowest possible setting, the sound is effected. That means to me that the low range of the "X mod" setting represents well above 20 Hz. Since it is claimed that the "fast LP" setting of the channel filter, without changing the cutoff, will not effect the signal, then I would assume that the HP would be the same. If HP cutoff is set at it's lowest cutoff frequency, then the signal should also be not effected, yet it is.

If High Pass cutoff range is well below audible frequencies, then the lowest setting should not induce an audible change in the signal, yet it does.

If I am simply ultra-sensitive to frequencies, then I would appreciate knowing this in relation to my DAW. If it is some sort of faulty default frequency, then I would also appreciate it.

I know from experience with modular synthesizers and DIY equipment that the lowest setting of a high pass filter should not have an audible effect on audio. It has become pretty obvious that the filters on the channel settings do not extend to this low range. If they did, then some of the mixer actions could be made obsolete.

If I am doing something wrong, it would help to know what. I know an audible frequency when I hear it, even on poor playback systems, so I am concerned.

nucleon
Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:08 pm

x

Re: What is up with the channel filters?

This is an intentional limit depending on the f...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spivkurl
Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:38 pm

x

nucleon wrote:This is an intentional limit depe...

Spivkurl
Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:41 pm

x

If the frequency minimum is actually around 4 H...

nucleon
Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:05 pm

x

The high pass on the Sampler Channel and 3OSC i...

Spivkurl
Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:31 pm

x

I would like it if HP filters actually went dow...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”