Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
mihao
Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:51 pm

x

Mod Wheel

Hello and Merry Christmas everybody!

First off, I do know how to activate the mod wheel in FL Studio. I have it set in "omni" mode to send the CC#1 data to VSTs and it works perfectly for all third party VSTs.

That being said, I've just dusted off my old Motif Rack and connected it to the PC via USB/MIDI cable, but the thing is I can't figure out how to get the mod wheel to work with the "MIDI Out" instrument in FL. I mean, of course I can assign one of those knobs in MIDI Out to send CC#1 to the particular external source, but in that case the global/omni control for the wheel becomes obsolete, and I can't use it with soft synths anymore until I reset everything again.

Similarly, I can't seem to figure out how to use the mod wheel with both the third party VSTs (for which I had set the omni parameter for CC#1) and FL Studio's "stock" instruments, such as Harmor. Let's say I assign vibrato to the mod wheel by right clicking the vibrato knob in Harmor, but then, again, I'm not able to use the mod wheel with literally any other instrument apart from this particular instance of Harmor.

Hopefully I'm doing something wrong and one of you can point me in the right direction :)

steevm
Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:44 pm

x

Re: Mod Wheel

Yeah, FL's MIDI handling is a total mess. I thi...

mihao
Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:34 pm

x

Thanks, steevm, that's a nice workaround, I'll ...

steevm
Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:27 pm

x

All they really need to do is add actual MIDI s...

mihao
Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:20 am

x

I didn't realize that. It does make sense thoug...

vincentvizcaya
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:11 am

x

DistinctSouls wrote:Thanks, steevm, that's a ni...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”