Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
DanielAsadzadeh
Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:55 pm

x

Wanting to Repeat Pattern/Playlist While Recording Simultaneously

Learned how to play my MIDI keyboard while recording notes only recently (and manually cleaning up the notes in piano roll afterwards), but as I want to progress and let the previous pattern play - either in patterns or in playlist - as I simultaneously record the new notes with my MIDI keyboard, I play either the pattern or playlist, then start recording the same way I did before, but the playlist stops playing, so I can't hear what I've done to the beat previously.

Is there any way to play a pattern as I record new notes? (As I choose to record notes only, the sound from the previous pattern playing shouldn't be recorded.)

In the link below, Zaytoven does this. Perhaps he did it all in one recording, but I am curious as to how the previous patterns keep repeating themselves as he keeps recording (the effect which I want)?

Example:

Edit: When I choose to record "Everything" and play the pattern while recording, it plays, but as soon as I press a note on the keyboard, the pattern stops playing even though the recording continues.

FIXED.

Anybody else having this problem, press "Blend recording (overdub)" and "Loop recording" (these are next to the metronome at the top).

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”