Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
thagreatbelow
Sat May 20, 2017 4:23 am

x

Modulating values that are in the thousands

Hello, I know this is not a typical thing somebody would want to do. People will show alternative half methods that will get something "close enough" but is it possible to modulate values that are in the thousands? What I mean by this is, take for example a typical automation track that has a value from 0 to 100, trying to modulate the "detune" number wheel in harmor that has values to the thousandth decimal 1.0000, and it's not going to be very smooth automation, because a jump of 1% is a huge jump from 1.0000 to 1.1000 which is not smooth at all.

I tried taking something like fruity formula controller and making a min/max knob setup to that as knob C moved it would only move 0.001 but even that proved to be very jumpy and making large leaps and was not smooth at all. Which makes sense because the fruity formula controller has a resolution of 1.000 which is one decimal place less than the detune wheel.

The one thing I've found that does work very well is using "copy value" and "paste value" into an automation clip, but this is a very tedious process if I want to make a detune LFO.

I realize there are other ways of doing this, like a built in pitch modulation in Harmor, which is great. But I'm also using Harmor as an example, because I also want to do this same thing with this same problem on operator ratio's inside of FM8. It's the same problem in that, a move of 0.001 is a gigantic jump within the thousands of values available for the ratio. I was wondering if there was anything available for something like this. Maybe a "high resolution" fruity formula controller? Maybe I'm grasping at straws and this is a feature nobody would ever want.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”