Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
yael
Tue May 23, 2017 7:31 pm

x

Hz, Bit Recording/Exporting Questions

This is going to be a semi-long question, in which I will be grateful if someone basically ''holds my hand'' and gives me all the answers. :) [Although I have done some research, I'm really just double checking here to try to get some final answers, thanks].

I record sounds from YouTube videos for sampling purposes to make beats, this includes the main sample itself, percussive sounds, and other sound effects and what not, (I set the YouTube video to 1080p whenever possible).

I record those sounds using Audacity, through the computer. Basically, whatever plays through the computer speakers Audacity is able to record. Audacity says ''Project Rate 44100 Hz'' as a default. If I change it to 48 will it make the recording higher quality?

Secondly, I then open FL, bring those recorded sounds into FL, and make a beat out of them, by chopping the recorded samples and what not. When the beat is completely done, I've been exporting the project as a 16 bit wav. Mind you, I'm aiming at having industry standard sound quality, or at least CD quality. Is 16 bit wav good for this, or should I export at 24, or 32?

Also, in the ''Quality'' section, I have it set at 512-point sinc, and I have ''HQ for all plugins'' and ''Disable max poly'' selected, and I don't have ''Dithering'' or ''Alias-free TS 404'' selected. Is that okay?

Additionally, I plan on putting my songs on the internet (iTunes, YouTube, etc). Windows Live Movie Maker allows me to import my wav file, and then I add a picture, and then I upload that file to YouTube. The audio settings I export the Movie Maker file at are 128 kbps, 48 kHz, and stereo. Is this audio setting CD quality or industry standard?

Also, in regard to uploading on the internet, I've heard that Mp3's should be uploaded, however, if I'm able to upload wav's (in the process listed above), what do you think I should do? Furthermore, if you recommend that I upload Mp3's to the internet, what settings should I use in regard to bit rate, point sinc, dithering, etc. (from the ''quality section'' when rendering in FL)?

Lastly, what I have been saying so far is in regard to making the beat of the song, I only have the Fruity Basic version of FL, so I record my vocals in a free software.

I set my recording interface to 2 channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz. The software I record in seems to be set at a default of 44100 sample rate. To obtain CD and/or industry standard audio quality, should I have my interface and the software set both to 48000, or will 44.1 (for both) do the job?

Lastly, when I export the vocals from that free software, it gives a few wav options such as:
Auto (Preserves Original Format)
High Quality (CD/DVD Quality)
Custom

in ''Custom'' it allows me to choose from a drop-down list the format I want (for example the Hz, Bits, Mono or Stereo). I'd feel more comfortable doing it this way (''Custom''), because I can be sure what the numbers are, as opposed to ''Auto'' or ''High Quality'' which I'm not sure exactly what the numbers will be for that. Anyhow, I don't know what Hz and Bits to select from that drop-down list though, also, I don't know whether to select mono or stereo.

Then there is one final thing. It gives an ''encoding'' option list of:

PCM Uncompressed
GSM6.10 Native
IMA
CCITT
Microsoft ADPCM
Messenger Audio Codec

I'm guessing I select PCM Uncompressed?

I'd appreciate the help. I'm trying to achieve an industry standard sound quality, or at least CD quality (which I grew up on), which might still be industry standard, I'm not sure. Thanks. :)

Spivkurl
Thu May 25, 2017 12:44 am

x

Re: Hz, Bit Recording/Exporting Questions

I'll try to help with some of your major questi...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”