Directwave Filters : Is there a limiter right after the filter section!?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
D3Mens
Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:01 pm

x

Directwave Filters : Is there a limiter right after the filter section!?

I've posted this in the 12.5 beta thread, but since this happens also in the older version I'd really like to hear your opinion and maybe some Image-Line hints/answers.

Do anyone ever noticed that there's an audible volume fluctuation/loss of any audio sample whenever you make it go through a filter in Directwave?
If for example you use a high pass (any filter gives the same result), set resonance to 50 (around 80 is even more noticeable). Play a simple audio, it is better percievable with a looped saw wave.
If the frequency is at 0 the volume is the same as when the filter is bypassed (ok). But whenever you move the cutoff frequency you can clearly hear how the entire volume of the sample gets lowered. The effect you can hear is very similar as when you over-limit a sound, and while you move the cutoff you hear how the perceived volume of the sample goes down to "make space" for the resonating frequency.

It is crazy how I never noticed that (because I've never used them), but this makes those filters completely unusable for any purpose...
Why should my sample volume go down if i change its cutoff frequency?
It really seems like there's a limiter after the filter section!

Please can someone explain this? Thank you.

Regards,

Madma

D3Mens
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:13 am

x

Re: Directwave Filters : Is there a limiter right after the filter section!?

Hmm, I see, i forgot the fact that those are an...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nucleon
Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:27 am

x

Re: Directwave Filters : Is there a limiter right after the filter section!?

Madma wrote: Can i ask you one more thing about...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”