Why a single track render is as slow as a full project render? Any update?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
D3Mens
Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:33 pm

x

Why a single track render is as slow as a full project render? Any update?

Hello everyone.
This is something that struggles me many times.
So often I end up with projects in which a single mixer track export is so slow... as slow as rendering the full project. Even if the track is 60% silence.
How is that possible?
And the more a project is almost finished (so full of stuff) the longer the rendering.
Sometimes rendering a track it takes something like 20 minutes. I'm aware that the higher the PPQ the longer the rendering... But this is definitely related to the quantity of plugins/samples/automations I have (which is huge), but why also if I render e.g. a snare track in which there's only a sample playing through an EQ?
What does affect rendering times?
Why then I can record it in Edison in real time?
Sincerely I'd expect to wait for an offline render at most for the full track length time and hopefully even less (even if HQ for all plugins and disable max poly are set to off, and no external plugins are used).

There's also another problem I notice many times: the loading times when adding/deleting plugins. The more a project is full the more waiting time.
Why does that even happen?

When finishing a track I always feel so frustrated because everything gets so slow that kills my inspiration. This happens even if I don't have problems buffering it in real time.
I have an i7 3770 in turbo mode, 32gb ram, ssd, so not even that bad.

How can I optimize those two?
Please save me!! :cry:

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by D3Mens on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D3Mens
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:58 pm

x

Re: Why a single track render is as slow as a full project render? +2nd question

In fact, now I did another test: I've loaded 2...
Last edited by D3Mens on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D3Mens
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:35 pm

x

Re: Why a single track render is as slow as a full project render? +2nd question

ReedIndeed wrote:Madma wrote:Then what is the p...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

D3Mens
Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:57 pm

x

Is anyone from IL willing to answer this? 250 ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by D3Mens on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”