Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
thagreatbelow
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:49 pm

x

How to disable plugins/maximize CPU?

So I'm producing several tracks right now, and my CPU meter is just blown out. The red is spilling over, occasionally breaking the laws of physics and using a whopping 101% of my CPU! :shock: I know the common responses are to bounce out to audio. The problem is that FL offers no easy way to bring the sound back if/when I need it. Say for example, I want to go in and dial in my bass synth settings some more to make it punchier, what can I do to prevent the nightmare of working on it while the CPU is Mancierged out ( video for reference)

I have tried "disabling" plugins by unclicking the green dot next to them, but it honestly barely makes a difference. Does unclicking the green button remove any and all CPU use that that synth is taking up? How exactly does it work? What steps can I do to get a little more juice out of this fruit? :wink:

I'm on a macbook pro (late 2013) running bootcamp, with a 2.6Ghz i7.
Also available to me is a desktop PC running a 2600k @3.4ghz overclocked to 4.4Ghz, but my macbook outperforms it even when it's overclocked.
My latency settings are maxed out. (Is there a way to set a latency of 5 seconds or some extreme amount to bring the CPU down?)
Multithreading is enabled on everything.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”