Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
thagreatbelow
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:47 am

x

Time stretching and low end?

I have a song where I am automating the tempo of the song. The problem I am having is that I need to bounce down some items to save CPU, but if I bounce them down with the tempo change, then FL isn't smart enough to take that into account when I drag the audio file back into the session (It will time stretch my already slowed down audio). Many of the tracks I am fine with just bouncing all the tracks at one tempo and letting the tempo change do it's thing with the time stretch, but I have my reservations about doing it to the low end. I have heard that time stretching is not kind to low end, and I don't have a subwoofer to verify this, so I wanted to ask here. If I want to bounce out my bass stem at 110 and slow it down to 90, is that going to keep the low end proper? Or would it be better to time stretch the opposite direction? That is bounce the stems at 90 and it will be sped up to 110 which may help preserve bass? Or maybe make it worse? Just not sure. The bass is in MIDI right now so it's no problem, but as I said I need CPU very badly, but "Bouncing down stems" isn't so simple when you have a tempo change.

thagreatbelow
Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:55 pm

x

Re: Time stretching and low end?

*Bump* Anybody? I would love to hear from an ...

Spivkurl
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:45 pm

x

Time stretching, by nature, effects ALL frequen...

thagreatbelow
Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:26 pm

x

I see, that is a very good way of putting it. O...

nucleon
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:11 am

x

If you do hear artefacts an alternative to try ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”