Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Cybertrech
Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:20 am

x

Old dysfunction that has never been corrected in DW

First, excuse my poor English...

New DirectWave and new "Create DirectWave instrument" are really, really cool (thx :D )! But...

DW (native version only) is unusable with sounds that require velocity changes.

To experiment the problem, I invite you to use "Create DirectWave instrument" function with any plucked sound (Plucked "Classic" preset in Sytrus, for example) and check "link velocity to gain" in "Create DW Instrument". After, in DW, adjust the release setting in your taste (high for the test).

Now, if you play a note with a very high velocity followed at once by the same note with a very lower velocity, the latter note cuts the sound (kills the sound) of the release of the first note!! :(

It's really very unpleasant and unplayable! :?

And this also affects the instruments — between them — loaded into different MIDI channels~slot in multi-timbral mode :

If you load an instrument in MIDI channel 1 and other instrument in MIDI channel 2 and other in MIDI channel 3 (etc.) All identical notes, with a low velocity, in the corresponding color~MIDI note in Piano roll, will cut the sound of the releases of identical notes between different instruments on another MIDI slot~channel!!! ...but also in the same MIDI channel! It's even more mysterious and problematic because the different instruments loaded in the different MIDI channels of DW should (must) not be affected between them!!!

I had already pointed out this problem 2 or 3 years ago, but it has never been corrected.

Fortunately, the DW VSTi version does not have this problem. But if we use the VSTi version of DW, we lose the ability to use the slide~portamento icons in piano roll because only native FL plugins can use this function. :(

I made a video to show the problem~dysfunction:

This may seem trivial, but for some types of instruments (piano, bell, guitar, plucked, etc.) and for some types of fingering~playing (very fast staccato string with close note with different velocity, for exemple), this makes DW completely unusable (and worse in multi-timbral mode with several instuments~notes which affect each other). This produces a chopped~clipped sound as if the polyphony was limited to a single note. This is more obvious when we have several instruments under several MIDI channels with DW because all identical notes of the different MIDI channels affect other identical notes in the other MIDI channels.

I hope this will be corrected soon because DW is really a simple and brilliant sampler and the native version allows to use the slide icon in the piano roll, which no other DAW has!

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:38 am

x

Re: Old dysfunction that has never been corrected in DW

It's been noted, we'll look at it for a future ...

Cybertrech
Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:16 am

x

I found another prob in new DW... Before (with...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Cybertrech on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:48 am

x

Cybertrech wrote:I found another prob in new DW...

NTO
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:15 pm

x

reflex wrote:...select multiple zones in the ol...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cybertrech
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:00 pm

x

NTO wrote:reflex wrote:...select multiple zones...

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:09 pm

x

I see, you have to hold control while moving or...

Scott
Site Admin
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:33 pm

x

Spivkurl wrote:In addition, the switching of lo...

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:22 pm

x

Cybertrech wrote:Now, if you play a note with a...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”