do we wanna be mainstream or do we feel passion for music as an Art?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Junior477
Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:39 pm

x

do we wanna be mainstream or do we feel passion for music as an Art?

Well I was thinking about the music and design, I saw many YouTube videos of some very mainstream producers and what I could perceive is that they seems to lack capabilities and abilities in sounds, I mean, yeah they know it sound goods (and probably the true is the true), but what it was exactly the main porpoise of that track? mainstream parameters or passion for what you do?. why you would go straight to some Sylenth, Massive or serum vst and not others, is mainly because is mainstream, however there are powerful synth out there able to compete against those, versatile and good as these, and yeah they are absolutely good Synth.

I saw some producers just putting some samples in the track and from there that's all, it sound good. look I know that the technology has helped in all process we do, but not even try in your own for what you feel, it's kinda uncreative or I don't know it looks even lazy, because we don't wanna learn the instruments that we already have, most of the cases underrated plugins :|

I think that the main line so many people doesn't experiment with new parameters is try to avoid the learning process and the impossible to avoid errors road which leads to a unexpected good result (or happy accident), instead we decide for pre created patches and pre created preset, I don't look at this as a bad thing meanwhile we don't depend entirely on just that of course. but what are your thoughts on all this thing, would be nice to know all opinions :) ?

Junior477
Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:50 am

x

Re: do we wanna be mainstream or do we feel passion for music as an Art?

Z8phyR wrote:I suppose overall - it's kind of t...
Last edited by Junior477 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Aaron
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:56 pm

x

Re: do we wanna be mainstream or do we feel passion for music as an Art?

JOJOLO wrote:I don't Judge an artist according ...
Last edited by Matthew Aaron on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”