Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
tomatoKetchup
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:49 pm

x

Can FLS just let MIDI CC# pass through?

One very annoying thing about FLS that makes me switching to Ableton Live is its lack of outboard-friendliness. There's one in particular that's driving me mad: the fact that, when sending a MIDI CC message from an external controller, through FL Studio, on its way to another outboard gear, the DAW simply stops the CC command since it hasn't been linked to an internal controller first.

Let me explain with an example: I have a Korg Triton Taktile (KTT) and a Roland JU-06. The KTT allows you to create templates by assigning to all of its knobs/faders/buttons a particular CC# and a range of values (like 0-64). If I connect my KTT to the JU06 directly via MIDI cable, everything works fine and I can directly control my JU06 from the KTT. But I want to have FL Studio in between so that every note played/controller moved can be recorded and/or automated.

To do so I have my KTT and JU-06 plugged in the computer by USB-midi. In FLS MIDI settings I assign the KTT (IN) and JU06 (OUT) a port#. Then I use the MIDI OUT plugin set to the JU06's port number. When I play notes, they are passed to the JU06. But If I move a controller on my KTT, FL Studio intercepts the CC# and, since I haven't "Link to controller" it, it is simply not passed on to the JU06. That means that I have to manually setup dozens of MIDI OUT's controllers to send the appropriate MIDI CC#, then to link each one of them to of my KTT's controllers.

Now, fact is I have about 5/6 different outboard gears, each with lots of MIDI parameters, and for each one of them a specific template that I created on my KTT. So we're talking about hours of configuration here, whereas Ableton Live for example just transmits the MIDI CC# without anything to do but to just setup a MIDI track (and specific MIDI channel) for each of my gears.

Is there a way FLS can do that somehow?

Shinyless
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:35 pm

x

Re: Can FLS just let MIDI CC# pass through?

We have plans to improve midi support in FL13, ...

Shinyless
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:03 pm

x

tomatoKetchup wrote:the ability to record patte...

Shinyless
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:20 pm

x

TheDichotomist wrote:Hey, does that mean I migh...

Pomax
Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:51 pm

x

Shinyless wrote: ↑Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:35 pm We h...

tomatoKetchup
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:39 pm

x

Pomax wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:51 pm Shinyle...

Pomax
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:46 am

x

I own plenty of DAWs (incuding several versions...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”