Looping Kick to "synth sound"

for all your functional and musical questions

Return to “FL Studio (Looptalk, FL Studio users forum)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ZDCN10
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:43 pm

0 x

Looping Kick to "synth sound"

There is an effect Axwell did in "Barricade" where he looped a kick very fast so it ends up like a synthy sound. In the track you can hear that fast looped kick sound (synth sound) and then he automated the end point of the loop so the sound gets slower and at the end there is one kick every beat. Difficult to explain but here it is, starts at 3:07

https://soundcloud.com/axwell/barricade

I tried to recreate that technique with DirectWave by importing a kick and automating the "loop end" knob. But instead of fading smooth from the synthy sound to the kick, the loop end marker jumps in particular steps, which you can unfortunately hear pretty good. I attached my attempt where you can hear those marker jumps when the sound goes "down".
I only experienced this with automation. When I played the loop and turned the knob manually, everything sounded fine and smooth, how it should be.
Is it possible to automate the loop end marker in DirectWave smoothly without those "jumps" or do you know other plugins/approaches to create this effect?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio (Looptalk, FL Studio users forum)”