MIDI/Script Feedback from FL Studio when Piano Roll/Mixer/Playlist is opened etc.

for all your functional and musical questions

Return to “FL Studio (Looptalk, FL Studio users forum)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jimmivalentino
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:59 am

0 x

MIDI/Script Feedback from FL Studio when Piano Roll/Mixer/Playlist is opened etc.

Hi,

Do any of the FL Studio supported MIDI mappings send a midi message when a user with a mouse focuses the Channel Rack, or opens the Piano Roll, or opens the Mixer, etc...?
OR... is there a way to get FL to run an action or send something to another program when this kind of thing happens in FL? Kind of like a simple version of what Deckadance used to be able to do via Scripting?

I am using BOME's MIDI Translator Pro and AutoHotKey with FL and a Mackie Control to do things like flick thru menus.

Right now it is only working with the Channel Rack and Browser modes in FL, because those are the only ones that FL sends an outward MIDI message for (which is used to tell the Mackie Control to turn on/off an LED).

Is there any other preset in the supported controllers list which will give me the functionality I need, or a way to run a script when a window is opened/closed in FL?

Return to “FL Studio (Looptalk, FL Studio users forum)”