Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Lionblaze
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:37 pm

x

How to Imitate/Recreate Sounds From Other Songs

Hello, I am pretty much a newbie with this software. If you know of anywhere else on the web that this question has been answered, please redirect me. I have been trying to make a remix of Lavender Town from Pokemon (please, don't ask why lmao) and the first thing I tried to do was use the mp3 of the song and sample the individual sounds. However, that only works for some of the sounds in the song because other "instruments" are overlapping with it so things get echoed in different channel racks... So I tried to use the equalizer/denoiser in edison to get rid of the other noises as best I could but it severely distorted the sound I wanted. Then, I just tried to imitate the sound with native plugins in the software itself (first tried the 3x osc and then GMS). I'm assuming my latter method of using plugins to recreate the samples that I want instead of extracting the samples from the song is the right way to do it. Is it? Or are there better methods for imitating sounds? Doing it this way requires a lot of time and trial and error, so I was wondering if there was another way to do it. Thank you.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”