Serious problem with peaks at different BPMs. Devs, please help!

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
D3Mens
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:20 pm

x

Serious problem with peaks at different BPMs. Devs, please help!

Hi everyone, today I started laying down a track at 150 bpm and I've stumbled across a pretty serious problem:

I've loaded 2 samples: a kick and a hi hat, each routed to a dedicated mixer track: the Kick goes through a LP at around 200hz, the hi hat through an HP at around 5000hz (so definitely no overlapping frequencies). On the mixer the kick peaks at around -6dB, the hi hat at -8dB.

How is that possible that at 150 BPM a Fruity Limiter on the master channel shows this:
Test at 150.png
and at 87 BPM shows this?
Test at 87.png

How am I supposed to master a track if there are such peaks!?

Note: this is an extreme example with two samples that don't share any portion of the spectrum (so then WHY does that happen!!??!). But the same problem occurs also in a normal situation where the kick frequencies overlap with the hihat when no eq is applied. In fact the first time I noticed that was without any PEQ2. Then once I added them to check why was that happening I've noticed that the peak was still there even if there were no overlapping frequencies and the hi hat was playing at a lower volume compared to the kick. So, how is possible that something that plays from 5000hz up mixed together with something that plays from 200hz down creates such peak?
If then I make a big dip at 58/59hz on kick's PEQ2 the hihat peak almost disappears. Obviously this is not a solution, but why does this solve the problem if the hihat track don't share any frequency with that kick?

Note2: I've double checked everything: nothing changes if I set PEQ2's HQ on or off, and there's nothing in that project besides a kick, a hihat and two PEQ2 with HQ set to off. If I load different samples the problem persists.
At 87 bpms the two samples clearly overlap so this isn't the answer neither...so what's happening here?

Here you have the project:
test project.rar
Anyone from IL, please help!!

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheDichotomist
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:48 pm

x

Re: Serious problem with peaks at different BPMs. Devs, please help!

Madma wrote:Thanks for your answer. Well, I tho...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Soulshade
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:13 pm

x

I've encountered similar problems with loops, n...

Soulshade
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:37 pm

x

Madma wrote: Thanks for the suggestion, but you...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”