Is it possible to use an empty Pattern to Manually Automate Event Editor for other Patterns?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
YveZ
Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:46 pm

x

Is it possible to use an empty Pattern to Manually Automate Event Editor for other Patterns?

I know we can create automations and also manually automate a parameter on a plugin in 1 pattern but can we use 1 pattern as a basis for manual automation for other patterns?

Example:
Channel Rack has 16 Channels
Pattern 1 is a drum pattern (using 8 Samplers)
Pattern 2 is a melodic pattern (using 8 Synths)
Pattern 3 is an empty pattern where we can manually automate any parameters in the Channel Rack

So on the playlist, we have 3 patterns
Pattern 3 is the basis for manual automation when we press play and then tweak parameters.

Is this possible?

I ask because sometimes its daunting to create an automation channel and is quicker when we just tweak by hand without disturbing the Event Editor of each channel in Pattern 1 and 2 so that we can keep on loop recording while we tweak by hand until we are satisfied.

RoadCrewWorker
Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:55 pm

x

Re: Is it possible to use an empty Pattern to Manually Automate Event Editor for other Patterns?

What, like this? midi_event_patterns.png I'm co...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RoadCrewWorker
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:12 pm

x

Re: Is it possible to use an empty Pattern to Manually Automate Event Editor for other Patterns?

YveZ wrote:Yes use use an Empty Pattern, drag i...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WhiskeyPriest
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:46 am

x

YveZ wrote:Finally, this is what i see on cubas...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”