Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jrobthehuman
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:27 am

x

Patcher Loop Recorder - Pause/Resume?

Hello everyone. I use FL Studio in performance mode to perform live, while also doing some guitar looping. I've given the Ditto X4 Looper by TC Electronic a try, but it just does a really bad job of tempo syncing and receiving commands for the DAW. So, I poked around and found the Loop Recorder in Patcher. It's great for what it is, but I was wondering if either it could be tweaked to add a couple more functions, or whether anyone had any further suggestions.

The first thing is that I need to be able to stop and start a loop. The closest I can get right now is turning the volume on and off, but that doesn't quite work because, depending on the structure of the song, turning the volume back on may result in it playing in the middle of the loop. I thought maybe using the grain setting in effector post the delay bank could work to "pause" the playback, but once the effect is off, it resumes at it's normal playback position.

The secondary issue is that I need is to be able to loop for more than 4 bars. I 'm curious if this could be a simple tweak in the formulas in the current setup. However, if the first issue were solved, I'm pretty sure that through some automation I could just chain up a few instances of patcher that record and play in sequence.

Thanks for reading.

jrobthehuman
Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:17 pm

x

Re: Patcher Loop Recorder - Pause/Resume?

It occurred to me that maybe the answer is just...

jrobthehuman
Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:02 pm

x

Go to the forums they said. Ask questions they ...

jrobthehuman
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:52 pm

x

It's reasonable that the more obscure, the less...

jrobthehuman
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:45 pm

x

Thanks for your interest and looking into this ...

jrobthehuman
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:14 pm

x

So I'm fooling around with Edison in Loop mode ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”