Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
vOeLLiGvErPeiLt
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:22 pm

x

Features for organising/ordering the project

hej fellas,

I have a number of questions and/or requests which all have to do with the organisation of project files:
1. is it possible to compare fl studio projects with one another and show the differences (like the "diff" utility in linux for text files)? If not, is there (or will there be) a possibility to open several projects in a "third", "organisation view" where you can copy/paste stuff you made in one project to the other? (In one version I made a delay pattern which I really like and would like to transpose to the other version)
2. is there a possibility to display the patters in which one particular instrument is used? I've had this bug me out whenever my CPU runs issues because this generally means I have to delete instruments where I need to be sure it is not employed anywhere in the project (I know the macro for unused channels!)
3. is it possible to "make unique" an automation clip so as to delete all the information that extends beyond what is currently visible of it (basically, the same as for audio clips)?
4. is it possible to merge all selected automation clips into one (as is already possible with patterns)?

I might come up with different question/requests, but for now I have a general suggestion or idea: wouldn't it make sense to group all the "organisation"-related features (such as the "select/purge unused" macros in FL's main menu, the "select unused" macro in the playlist, the "merge pattern clips" and related menus, ...) in a separate "project organisation" so as to have a better overview and to separate the different stages in the workflow?

greez vvp

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”