Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ninoxp
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:36 pm

x

Organizing your music making, how do you do it? How should I

Hi all,
So I'm buying a new 8tb HDD and a 500gb SSD to make sure I'm set for at least 4 years, might add on another SSD in a couple years depending on how the market looks.

I'm wondering about the best way to organize data, I'm planning on partitioning the 8tb drive to multiple disks, one of them acting like my music drive, (D:\)

D:\VST\64 bit - 64bit vst dll's here
D:\VST\32 bit - 32bit vst dll's here
D:\Presets\ - don't know how to do this since some VSTs put their presets in their own folders..
D:\Samples\ - all sample packs, one-shots, loops, midis, fx, foleys, etc here
D:\Libraries\ - all bigger library contents here, omnisphere, keyscape, kontakt stuff
D:\Recorded\ - since I use FL to record vocals, I'd like them to automatically end up here (is that possible?)
D:\Stems\ - exported stems from FL should end up here with sub-folders with each .flp name as the folder name
D:\FLP\ - I often change HDD/PC so I need to do this in order to be able to have all my flps organized by Year/Date

Is this doable automatically or with some FL scripts, or batch moving programs or something.

I think VSTs is my main issue, for multiple reasons:
* some VSTs end up by default in \Steinberg\Vstplugins or \Vstplugins and I'm too afraid to move the dlls, they don't give you an option
* VST managment in FL Studio flags some generator VSTs as both generators and FX which creates a bit of a hassle, but I went in and deleted them one by one, and to structure things I simply removed all categories and created three, 'FL', 'Used often' and 'Others', but there's no structure inside.

Have I overlooked something? Have you done something like this? Do you have any tips?

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”