Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Worldwave
Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:54 am

x

MIDI controller sends input on all ports AND on assigned port

Hey everyone!

I have this issue with my MIDI controller, in this case a ROLI Lightpad Block, where when I connect it and set a port, it sends input on two ports. I'm not aware of the default port FL Studio assigns to instruments, but what this leads to is if I set the Block to MIDI port 6 for example, then set my synthesizer to receive MIDI input from port 6, when I hit a MIDI note, it plays 2 identical notes simultaneously through the synthesizer. When I go to a different instrument channel, that has no input port assigned, I can play MIDI notes through it, but the synth will still play notes, in this case only one note, because a different channel is selected.

This means my MIDI controller is sending input through port 6, as I assigned, but also, simultaneously, on a different channel, the one that FL Studio assigns by default to all MIDI instruments. How do I disable this feature?

EDIT: So as not to waste time on different guesses, my Block is set to single channel mode and its MIDI start channel is 1 and end channel is 2.

EDIT 2: It's definitely hard to find the answer to this question on the internet, and I'm not an amateur at all but have only recently begun to dabble a bit more deeply in MIDI controllers thanks to ROLI, but what is the difference between MIDI ports and MIDI channels?

Worldwave
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:29 am

x

Re: MIDI controller sends input on all ports AND on assigned port

HeathW wrote:if the light block requires mpe.. ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”