Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
paddypad
Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:19 am

x

Locked Toolbars

Hi,
I very often resize the FL Studio window, when I resize it to very small dimensions the toolbar moves with the window size to fit these small dimensions, even when the state is 'locked'. If I change to bigger dimensions after that / fullscreen, the toolbar will automatically come to its old arrangement. So far so good.

But, if I close FL Studio while being in these very small dimensions, it saves the arrangement of the toolbar while being in its small state and the next time I start FL Studio and resize the window aka full screen the toolbar keeps staying in the original arrangement that was saved when closing the application with the small window dimensions so the whole toolbar looks messed up and you have to rearrange everything.

IMO it shouldn't be saved every time you close FL but instead the state of the toolbar should be saved after you moved each toolbar to the position you choose or at least when hitting the 'locked' button, so the toolbar can dynamically change when resizing the window but will come to its original state if you go fullscreen.

But I also kinda see the point when it comes to coding, because it isn't that efficient to save the toolbar properties every single time you move an object and that it might also be an issue when resizing the window as it should also be affected by that. But it has to do with the way it saves the toolbar properties as they seem to be saved in absolute positioning dimensions instead of relative dimensions that depend on the window size. So in the end it should rather be saved in relativity to the window dimensions and then rearrange itself from that point when you start the application.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”