Patcher query: Can you embed a VST in Surface?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
mdavisto
Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:50 am

x

Patcher query: Can you embed a VST in Surface?

Hi,

Short version: Is it possible to embed the interface of a VST into Patcher's Surface?

Long version:
I'm working with some very difficult vocals that have annoying rings in them. For various reasons, re-recording them just isn't possible, so I have built an insane Patcher preset to deal with it. Effectively, audio just rolls through Parametric EQ2, but I'm using silliness to control how that happens.

I have a main path that just routes through PEQ2. Then, I have 7 other chains that end up controlling each band in the main PEQ2.

Those bands consist of: a PEQ2, with one band set to bandpass. This feeds a Peak Controller, which is chained to the Amount that the main PEQ2 will cut by.

This allows you to identify a ringing frequency, and then have it cut dynamically only when it peaks. It's sort of like a very overly complicated dynamic EQ. Importantly, IT WORKS.

Now, I am trying to make a Surface interface to make the process of using it less painful. Because PEQ2 has no output channels, I am using one knob chained to the bandpass and the final PEQ2 that makes sure they both have the same frequency.

It would be very lovely to have PEQ2's display embedded in the Surface, for reference.

Can it be done?

Thanks.

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:55 am

x

Re: Patcher query: Can you embed a VST in Surface?

It can't be done. Maybe at some point in the f...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”