Why doesn't fruity squeeze behave like other samplerate reducers in FL?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
TheDichotomist
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:30 pm

x

Why doesn't fruity squeeze behave like other samplerate reducers in FL?

Perhaps someone here can answer this question. What really is the difference between the sample rate reduction effect in delay 3, and fruity squeeze? I can't get squeeze to make the same sort of sound as delay three or effector, which both sound pretty much the same to me. Squeeze always produces stronger tonal effects, and doesn't have the same "crunch" as other the lo-fi effects. I was wondering, what settings would I use in squeeze to actually emulate the sound of sample rate reduction, like we see in delay 3, or vintage sampler emulations?

I get much closer in sound, when I use a steep (48+db per/oct) or resonant lowpass before fruity squeeze, is a filter also involved in delay 3 and other lo-fi effects? I'm convinced these one knob samplerate things are effectively macros, moing a few parameters around, so what might I do to get the same behavior out of fruity squeeze, or is it even possible?

Squeeze interleaves two audio streams; one full of samples at a user defined amplitude (that is, according to the manual -- the actual behavior doesn't appear to work like that -- ), and one with the unmolested audio. You can set how long each grain lasts in samples; from zero, up to the project's sample rate (a second). You can set the relationship between these two values yourself, or use some predefined relationships; if I wanted to use squeeze to emulate a samplerate, like 2205, what relationship might I use. This doesn't seem like how one would go about reducing the sample rate in a plugin to me.

I know that if I want "that sound" (which really isn't anything special), to just use delay three. That's not all I want, I want to know why I can't get fruity squeeze to behave the same way, even though it appears to me, like its the same sort of plugin.

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”