Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Bypherkator
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:56 pm

x

4 New Typing-to-Piano Mappings

On most** stringed instruments, players curl their hands inward to reach higher-pitched strings and extend them flat to play lower notes. With that in mind, I designed a couple of mappings that treat each row of the typing keyboard as a chromatic "string," with the top row of keys as the lowest in pitch and the bottom row as the highest. These are the mappings labeled "Overhand."

**Banjos and ukuleles have that string on the other side.

For users who like the idea of a chromatic mapping but can't quite get behind the idea of putting the lowest note on the top row, I've also created "Underhand" mappings. They're also a joy for picking up your keyboard and pretending it's a real fiddle, cello, mandolin, guitar, or whatever (NOTE: Do not try this with your laptop. Neither I nor Image-Line are responsible for any damaged equipment).

CGDA and BAGF are "tunings" for the rows in each mapping, from lowest pitch to highest. As usual, low notes in each row are on the left side of the keyboard and high notes are on the right. Maybe I'll invert that for some other experiment.

To install the mappings, simply save them to the System > Config > Typing to piano subdirectory of the folder you keep FL Studio in. If you currently have the program open, you may need to restart it.
String Overhand BAGF.scr
String Overhand CGDA.scr
String Underhand BAGF.scr
String Underhand CGDA.scr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”