Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
tonymasiello
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:49 pm

x

FL 12.5.1.5 becomes unresponsive using MidiOut

Hi,

I had an issue today using FL 15.5.1.5 and MidiOut on one channel. This is the first time I had tried to use Midi Out since I took the upgrade from 12.5.0.59. I had used Midi Out (on 12.5.0.59) extensively over Thanksgiving weekend for a track I was working on, and had no issues at that time.

I had not had any issues using FL or VST instruments or pluggins since I upgraded, which looks like my upgrade was on 12/3. I was interfacing with my eurorack system and everything started off normal. I choose my Midi out device in the settings and confirmed I was getting note and gate in the rack. I worked up a patch and then started my composition and was playing with some settings when suddenly, the sound stopped. I was receiving nothing in my eurorack module, and FL appeared to still be playing. However, when I tried to do anything, the application was completely unresponsive. I waited a while and when there was no response, I tried to use the Windows Task Manager to close FL, and that did not work also. I finally restarted the machine. I tried a second time and had the same experience. Everything seems okay once I got it setup, and then a few mins into playback, the exact same issue. No midi output, application totally unresponsive... The only remedy again was a hard reboot.

I ended up using Windows System Restore and went back to a late November restore point. I did not have the issue after going back to 12.5.0.59. No harm done. I think I am going to stay at 12.5.0.59 for the near future.

Thanks!

Scott
Site Admin
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:10 am

x

Re: FL 12.5.1.5 becomes unresponsive using MidiOut

Is Send master sync off? If not, does disablin...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”