Best way to have Slicex VSTi and Edison VSTi automatically tempo sync to host?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
amg56
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:22 pm

x

Best way to have Slicex VSTi and Edison VSTi automatically tempo sync to host?

With both Slicex and Edison VST, it seems like the only way to sync up a loop to the host tempo is to open the Time Stretch / Pitch Shift pop-up, pull up a calculator to calculate the tempo ratio, then use the Time Multiplier dial with the Ctrl key pressed (on Windows) to try to set as close a value as possible to the result of the calculation, and finally hit Accept. It's a total pain in the neck. Not only does it require a lot of attention for something that can be deduced automatically, but it's not even possible to just copy/paste in the ratio to get the exact value. There is no text box for the Multiplier parameter, therefore you have to settle for the closest you can get with the dial. The whole process is overly complicated, considering that there are other loopslicers that do it automatically - they just suck in the the loop file and immediately assume that they have to fit it to the host tempo.

It's a real pity because both Slicex and Edison have so many other excellent functions that are better than those other loopslicers for supplementing the built-in functionality of DAWs like Bitwig and Live. Slicex and Edison would be ideal partners if it weren't for this one major shortcoming.

Is there a better way to do this that I have not caught on to?

If not, would Imageline consider updating the two VST plugs to improve this functionality? I know that they are mainly intended to integrate with FL, to let FL do the tempo matching, but, from the number of postings I have see, it seems like even the FL users could benefit from having this improved.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”