Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
VimDoozy
Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:23 am

x

Harmor frequency plane's multiply/divide not accurate for white

Harmor VST 1.3 (Windows 10)

I have been testing out the frequency plane inside the image synthesis component of Harmor, trying to understand how it works. I took the image from the Pixel to Freq preset and made copies of it: one completely black #000000 and one completely white #ffffff. (Not sure why the image is 512 pixels high btw. I made it 516 instead)

I observed that frequency multiplication/division achieved using the white image is a bit off. For example, if I set the scale to 200%, a fundamental of C3 should be multiplied by 4 (as far as I am aware), resulting in a C5, but it doesn't. Comparing the visual feedback of these partials vs the visual feedback of partials multiplied by 4 using the pitch freq multiplicator reveals that the white image has been multiplied by slightly less than 4.

When I use a completely black image the multiplication and division is precise, matching the effect achieved using the freq multiplicator/divider.

Does this seem odd to you? Have I misunderstood something, or perhaps there's some complications with the output of my white image (it's not seen as perfect white by Harmor)? Maybe it's a bug?

Thanks.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”