Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
dmuckala
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:02 am

x

FL 20.5 Mac as Plugin au

Just purchased FL Studio now that 20.5 is out and trying to use it on a mac as a plugin in Logic Pro X. To say this software 'runs as a plugin' is REALLY a stretch.

First of all, the window management is awful. I'm having to resort to using 'cycle through windows' command in logic to even somewhat reliably switch between the Logic interface and FL interface. having to open the plugin and then click the FL icon to have the GUI showup is also a workflow killer. And then there is the fact that there's no way to disable the transport/spacebar within FL to have it defer to the Host's transport, so constantly having to fiddle with that is also a major bummer. This makes what is supposed to be a 'fluid' experience of using FL the total opposite of that.

So what's the philosphy behind this? Make your beats in standalone FL, and then launch it as a plugin to do your vocals in host DAW? Fine, but what if I want to launch it as a plugin after the fact and flesh out an arrangement? I could bounce out whatever I did in Logic and pull that in as a reference in FL, but that defeats the whole point of using it as a plugin.

Bummed out about the design choices for this. I wish the designers would have just stuck to normal GUI/plugin standards. open plugin, have interface come up, hit space bar and start working. Hopefully this gets addressed in an upcoming version.

Also, apologies for not posting this in the mac section. I just realized that.

Keytoe
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:10 am

x

Re: FL 20.5 Mac as Plugin au

I agree. I'm kinda at a loss using FL as a p...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”