Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
2nd Cousin
Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:42 am

x

interference with cable box?

Hello everyone ive been reading these forums for a few months now trying to soak in some knowledge and learn more about music production. Overall I've been impressed with the Imageline staff and company. I dont know much about music software since I'm just starting out but I can tell when people are passionate about what they do. And when they are good things tend to happen. So thanks for making a great product and to everyone here that contributes for creating an environment where even noobs like me have no problem learning something.

The issue Im having is with a behringer 802 mixer hooked into the line in slot on my pc. I am using a creative xi-fi soundcard with the creative asio driver. When i choose line in on the input of a mixer channel to record i hear this low humming noise being caused by my cable box? Because when i unhook the line in for my cable tv the humming goes away. Has anyone every heard of this type of interference with a cable box and is there a way to fix it so i can record sound from the tv without the humming. Also if I have to put the tv in another room i will be sad but will probably get more done that way lol.

e.g.:
Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:18 am

x

All kinds of things can cause all kinds of nois...

2nd Cousin
Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:39 pm

x

thanks for the reply but the strange thing is t...

Jim Aikin
Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:06 pm

x

Without seeing a complete wiring diagram of how...

2nd Cousin
Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:45 pm

x

thanks Jim i didn't understand everything you w...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”