Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
manhippo
Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:20 pm

x

Automating Gross beat in Fruity

A question for anyone who has sussed it out

How does one automate the curve switching in Gross beat. I'm using the Fl version in FL9. Can't seem to find any documentation or forum advice on this, so any help much appreciated.

I want to be able to draw in the keypresses to activate particular envelopes (so that, for example, I can have a range of beat variations drawn into gross beat, and then trigger the in sequence via the piano roll)

THe thing I can't work out is how fruity sends midi to an instance of gross beat. There doesn't seem to be a midi port option on the plug, and if I open the interface, it receives midi from my keyboard without me having to route anything to it.

So I try to record the input, and I get a clip of random parameter shifts. Is that how FL deals with gross beat? Is there no other way of choosing how midi is routed to the native version of the plug? I want to be able to send it regular piano roll midi so that I can draw notes in to define its envelope usage precisely.

Would I be better using the vst version of the plug, so as to gain a more regular midi routing shell? Or am I missing something simple and obvious?

Come on people. I think I'm missing something simple and obvious, but I can't for the life of me work out what!

alphanimal
Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:25 pm

x

Hehe I was just asking myself the same thing ye...

manhippo
Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:35 pm

x

Sweet

Why thankyou. Knew there would be something. H...

nucleon
Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:07 pm

x

Re: Sweet

Have you managed to get both time and volume to...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

manhippo
Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:23 am

x

Sweet and good. Thankyou for that. I reckoned t...

Sfx_GStyle
Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:54 am

x

I have not connected any keyboard controllers o...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”