Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
SpencerSteel
Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:14 am

x

Scott - recording vocals request

Scott,

There seems to be a steady trickle of 'how do I record vocals' on the forums ... lots of people wondering about where to put fx, where to route etc. I wondered if you could do one or two 'guru's' on this ...

I guess there's no real 'right way' to do it - but I'd like to see/hear how you recommend it.

I'd like to see your whole workflow ... from setting up the mixer tracks, apply the fx chains, recording multiple takes & grabbing the correct one (edison), "saving" the .wavs in a meaning way to folders, putting in into the playlist ...

I realise that you've kinda done bits of this before (multiple takes) but I wondered if a longer series of, say, 2 or 3 guru's could be devoted to recording vocals. I'm sure it would save a lot of questions in the future as well, as we could point people to it.

I always have this horrible feeling that i'm doing it 'wrong' somehow. I'd love to watch you do set it up properly ...

S.S.

( i do realise that you've done some de-essing and an excellent one about multi-layers etc, maybe they could become part 3 of 5 in the series or tagged on the end of the series .. )

Scott
Site Admin
Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:23 am

x

Re: Scott - recording vocals request...

SpencerSteel wrote:Scott, There seems to be a ...
What's this knob do? The F1 key is your friend!

SpencerSteel
Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:30 am

x

Brilliant! I'm glad you're keen to address th...

spectroman
Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:04 am

x

Re: Scott - recording vocals request...

Scott wrote:SpencerSteel wrote:Scott, There se...

draeath
Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:13 am

x

So this pop-shield... is it some kind of device...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”