Sounds in Piano Roll, Edison, putting together FULL songs...

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Sketch2000
Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:47 pm

x

Sounds in Piano Roll, Edison, putting together FULL songs...

A few questions...I'm forgetful as hell so plz bear w/ me..

I pulled a sound from the browser, put it into the step sequencer. Its somewhat of a synth/pad. So I'm trying to make somewhat of a melody with it. Something drawn out similar to Moby, Clint Mansell, etc. (I know...dreams and aspirations...) So I open it up in the piano roll so I can fiddle w/ the sounds and such...but each time i do it...the first sound resonates to the next and so on...So its not moving the keyboard the way it should...its taking the first note and not releasing it to just do the second note by itself. I opened up the channel settings and fooled around w/ things to see what i could do...nothing worked.

I attached the file for that.

Another question I have is that I'm trying to come up with some very ambient music similar to that of Moby and Clint Mansell (and others). Usually I'd go into Sytrus, pull up a sound, and play with it in the piano roll...
But one of my biggest problems, is that a "song" consists of various sounds, some overlapping each other, etc. therefore, it being a "composition". The most I've gotten to is maybe 9 different patterns to play out to complete a song. When i go into a tutorial, I see the IMMENSE amount of patterns they have to make one song! Can someone give me some direction with this (any tips that could help w/ starting a project; a template, etc.?).

Last thing, I really need to get to know Edison if I'm ever going to get some vocals on F L. I know i can record otherwise, but I've heard Edison can do a number of things. I've tried looking at several tutorials on youtube, but they haven't helped. Any tutorials your aware of that may help?

Thanks guys...hope everyone enjoyed their holidays.

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sketch2000
Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:07 am

x

scratch the question re: edison...watching some...

EspacX
Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:10 am

x

About you first problem, right click on the cha...

Sketch2000
Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:17 am

x

Thanks EspacX... Going to try the cut sound......

random coil
Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:32 am

x

I don´t really understand your flp file, sin...

Sketch2000
Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:42 am

x

@ random coil, Thats why I used the piano roll,...

random coil
Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:28 am

x

Ok, so if you know all this, it should work if ...

EspacX
Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:16 am

x

ADSR is attack, decay, sustain, release. In oth...

Sketch2000
Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:17 pm

x

Thanks guys. I already messed with the envelope...

EspacX
Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:30 am

x

Well if you look at the basics, there is no dif...

Sketch2000
Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:41 pm

x

But if the note releases when the other note be...

arakrazy
Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:11 am

x

Did u fix this Sketch? Not much I can do withou...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”