Would FL take advantage of a 4 CPU Motherboard?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
HSJIII
Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:44 pm

x

Would FL take advantage of a 4 CPU Motherboard?

I recently upgraded to FL 10 and it uses plugins (such as directwave) that do some serious CPU usage. I have to upgrade my system... so far I'm going the cheap rout and upgrading ram and cpu but keeping the motherboard... if this does not prove to be sufficient then I will have to upgrade to a new desktop pc. Now I'm thinking (as I look at the hardware available) it might be more cost effective to upgrade to a server (quad cpu, xeon for example) machine instead of a high end single processor machine. I have NO experience with multi-cpu server machines, and I don't know how to compare desktops to servers ... the buses on the server's I've looked at are alot slower than the desktop buses... I don't know if FL would take advantage of the multiple processors, and indeed if it can't then the slower bus will ruin the advantage of using the server motherboard... so... basically I don't know whether this huge investment would be worth it! I do know that FL hogs up all the cpu it can, however, so getting more cpu for as cheap as possible sounds great to me... so I'm asking: would it be well advised to build a server machine to run FL studio...?

Thanks so Much!
Sam

Scott
Site Admin
Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:48 am

x

Re: Would FL take advantage of a 4 CPU Motherboard?

Lach Rae Dawn wrote:I think Scott does have an ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”